Friday, February 08, 2013

Part 3


The last part of Wednesday was an attempt to do some star images. 
I needed to get away from the light pollution from cities. In Kent there is nowhere where I could go to get a clean sky. Even in Scotland I needed to be well away from Glasgow. In the morning I had noticed some possible locations on the banks of Loch Lomond near the Loch Sloy power station. 
This area was about 30 miles from Glasgow and 20 miles from Balloch. Even here the light pollution was greater than I would have liked. In the images here the clouds show lots of light reflecting of them.
The technical details were as follows.:- 
ISO 6400
30s @ F2.8
Autofocus and noise reduction off. Lens focused at infinity






No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.