Saturday, June 06, 2020

Archives and Space

One of things I'm starting to look is my photo archive.

Having photographs that I have shot, going back more than 50 years, plus all the family archives that now stretch back well over a hundred years I am running into a problem of space and what to do about the future.

It is hard to count how much I have but at a very conservative guess over three quarters of a million images.

It was brought home to me strongly today when I opened an archive box. The contents are over 5000 slides that are spares from early shoots.


No idea what exactly is here. Many will go straight out but even a quick check shows there are lots of pictures of the family, houses and cars that I don't have anywhere else. 

I also tried to do a list of how many different formats I have stored. At a rough count I recon that there are nearly 80 different film formats counting, colour and B+W and slides. Plus all the polaroid formats. Ranging in size from 110 to 10"x8". Plus digital and some video and a bit of audio. 

No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.