Sunday, November 18, 2012

Brick Lane

It's Sunday, it's sunny and it's my weekend off!!!!

I had not been up to Spitalfields and Brick Lane for a long time, so today I had trip up there.

I came up into Liverpool St and went through Petticoat lane. This has really gone downhill. All the stalls seemed to sell the same tat and there was not atmosphere. Then I went into the Spitalfields covered market. This again had changed and was mostly corporate shops with few of the more quirky independents. 

Across Commercial Street were the markets around the old Truman Brewery. These had the small stands and the artists and traders, by far the most fun!

I wandered around the old houses, of Furnier St and then walked the length of Brick Lane and up to Columbia Road.


The pictures are a mix of all the things I saw today.










No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.