Monday, March 06, 2017

40 years on!

In early March I had a quick trip to Scotland for a family visit and on my trip home I found myself with some time to kill in Glasgow, between a car return and a train trip.

On my way to return the car I found myself driving on the Bothwell street off ramp from the M8. This got me thinking about a picture I had taken while at college.

For many years there was a footbridge across the M8 that was unfinished. The west side was built but it stopped and the east side was never completed. In the 70's you could walk up onto the bridge an look down over the motorway. Later it was all fenced off. In the 90's they finally got around to completing the bridge.

Anyway I found my way back onto the bridge and got the image I wanted and the two images show the changes to the skyline in that part of the city.



No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.