Monday, July 29, 2019

Handed down tools.


Sitting on the decking today I got thinking about the age and provenance of most of the garden tool I use.

For example these two watering cans belonged to my Grandfather. I can remember them sitting in his greenhouse when I was young. The greenhouse blew down in a storm in the winter of 68. and my memories will go back to the early 60's they were old then so I strongly suspect that they are approaching 100 years old.

Many of the other garden tools I have are of a similar age. They have been used in many gardens we have had 3 houses. My parents had 3 in my lifetime. Both my grandparents moved far more regularly. 

Tools that have moved around the country for many years.

No comments:

Sunset Margaretting

 A nice sunset but full moon stayed behind the clouds.